sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devel-xorg-modular merging

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel-xorg-modular merging
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:03:36 -0400

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote:
Well, that says it all. We only have choices of "bad" things, due to
reality constraints. I then opt for the bad thing that makes it
possible to have a current working system with quite some mess during
upgrade instead of the thing that lets Source Mage die.

So, what would be the dirty approach to get this done from your
experience?

I've attached what I posted close to a year ago. Javier also had the idea of chaining a planar list of casts, which maybe a better solution than trying to rely on UP_TRIGGERS.