sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] HTTPS support not compiled in ... and mirroring in general

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] HTTPS support not compiled in ... and mirroring in general
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:46:31 +0100

Am Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:11:37 -0500
schrieb David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:

> Every needed source was never guaranteed to be on a mirror.

I am playing with the idea of setting up such a mirror. I mean, I guess
my dedicated server can take the moderate load mainly triggered by
myself ... Only, with frequent releases of bloatware graphical
frameworks stuff, I will run out of space quickly (no terabyte disk
included, yet ... but I might order one for the fun of it).

If multiversion spells didn't exist, extracting the possibly needed
sources would be easy.

> I know that maintaining that source mirror is difficult at best, since
> there's no particular good API or method to dump all the sources, I
> wrote some utilities a long time ago, but they're stupidly slow.

This would be something to change. Well, at least when a guru adds a
new source / updates with quill, we theoretically have a point where
one could nick the name of the source and add it to some list without
much overhead.

> Updating your SOURCEFORGE_URL by hand should resolve the problems with
> smgl trying the old puzzle.dl.sf.net stupidity.

The puzzle is: I did that! I guess sf.net itself is relaying to that
server and it is crapping out just like the Source Mage servers are
right now.

Alrighty then,

Thomas