sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] qt4/5 kde4/5 coexistence

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] qt4/5 kde4/5 coexistence
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 17:43:02 +0200

for some time I have been building qt5 and bits of kde5 locally.

In order to avoid conflicts I needed to separate both sets of files.

I therefore modified qt4 to install to /opt/qt4 and put all the kde4 stuff
there
as well.
qt5 already installs to /opt/qt5.

This all works well for me, but I think that eventually a similar change will
be needed in the main grimoire.

This is mainly a change to qt4_cmake_build and qt4_build in FUNCTIONS and
some
changes to the qt4 spell.
Building anything which depends on qt4 should automatically use the new
location.

Existing installed programs should work if there is an appropriate entry in
/etc/ld.so.conf

Any thoughts about this?

Most people will not be concerned with qt5 for a long time, so a gradual
transition should be possible.

My systems are already setup this way, so it will difficult for me to test
the
transition in mixed mode.