sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] eudev

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] eudev
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:30:57 +0200

as you might have noticed from the commit list, I have been experimenting
with
eudev, as a UDEV provider.

I currently have an eudev spell ,in a local grimoire, which builds from a
local clone of the eudev repository.

Everything installs to the correct locations, symlinks and libraries appear
to be correct. It optionally supports the new predictable naming rules or the
legacy persistent naming.

My system boots and runs.

The only strange thing is that /dev/pts and /dev/shm did not get created.

I still need to find how to download a tarball from github.

I will then add this spell as an alternative to udev.