sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] subversion 1.8 now depends upon serf, instead of neon?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] subversion 1.8 now depends upon serf, instead of neon?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:22:15 -0600

Hi,

I just noticed the following after doing "svn upgrade" given the move to 1.8:

% svn update
Updating '.':
svn: E170000: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'https://...'

Then I attempted to do a plain new co in a different place:

% svn co https://...
svn: E170000: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'https://...'

Then by looking at:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#neon-deleted

I realized neon is no longer a dependency, but instead serf is?

Has anyone experienced with this? Serf is not under test, so I was
planning to create my own spell, and after doing so, changing the
subversion spell as well.

But I wanted to see if anyone around has experienced the same and is
more advanced in the steps than I am, :-) Also of course I wanted to
confirm if my interpretation is OK, no longer have neon dep, but
instead have serf sep...

Thanks,

--
Javier.