sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] The tablet version cache is damaged, removing it!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Glyn Kennington <glyn AT ox.compsoc.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] The tablet version cache is damaged, removing it!
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 20:23:06 +0100

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> The tablet version cache is damaged, removing it!
>
> In some cases it appears multiple times.

I had this during a recent update. I looked inside the temporary file that
tablet_create_version_cache had created, and found it had included some error
messages generated via tablet_get_tb_version -> tablet_0_repair_spell.

I had a couple of broken tablet "entries" (actually empty directories, from
some other problem), so the "repair" attempt had displayed the following two
lines...

Missing spell dir in tablet, this shouldnt happen.
Please run cleanse --tablet

...so the subshell in tablet_create_version_cache mixed these lines in with
its
intended output, and the line-count match failed.

Glyn