sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] how to prevent cleanse fixes on particular spells?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] how to prevent cleanse fixes on particular spells?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:56:08 -0600

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know why you would want gcj though. It's effectively dead.
>>
>> - Sukneet
>
> Wow, I didn't know. Openjdk is not available in the grimoires, and
> icedtea depends on lots of stuff, including cups (which I don't want),
> and I wanted a different icedtea based upon openjdk. Some one
> suggested using gcj, so my 1st step was to get gcj working...
>
> Now I see I better attempt to create an openjdk spell, and go from there,
> :-)

Never mind... It seems there's no way to get rid of cups:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6746886.html

Well, one might, but disabling printing capabilities. I'm not sure if
using cups headers will allow LPD/LPR kind of printing, or any ways
without cups running, then printing capabilities are useless. Seems
like the later, and if so, then cups might become an optional
dependency, cause if the headers are not found, then the code doesn't
get in...

I'll play around with icedtea7, to see what's best, if having cups
there (useless for me at least, since I use lprng), though not used,
or make it optional...

Thanks a lot,

--
Javier.