sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][texlive] spell change (fix?)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][texlive] spell change (fix?)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 09:37:13 +0100

Am Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:33:26 -0600
schrieb Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>:

> Texlive was failing on me whether the optional dependency on lua51 was
> accepted or not.

Does this only apply for the case of lua51 being installed and texlive
build refusing not to use it or is lua simply a non-optional dependency
now? What that also does is bring to my attention the mess of lua
versions ... I see us running into trouble when more spells want to use
system lua and work with differing versions only. Well, embedding the
source for the embedded scripting is not uncommon and sensible in this
case.

Alrighty then,

Thomas