sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][jre7-bin]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][jre7-bin]
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:22:50 -0600

I'm used to icedtea7, compiled with openjdk7 and working with
openjdk7. The current icedtea7 from SMGL is a bit different, and it
has too many dependencies I didn't have time to build/install, and
some that I didn't even want to install (cups as an exmaple).

Also, I was really in a rush to get jre installed, thus it sounds a
good idea to share this spell, in case one is under the same need I
was...

BTW, this is not a completely new spell, it's totally based on
jre6-bin spell. So no credit for me, :-) It's just pretty much a
port from the old jre6-bin one...

Attached goes the spell...

Apparently there are some broken links in the old libraries dir,
cleanse complains about, but they look harmless, since it works out
well, at least the browser plugin does...

--
Javier.