sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Patches for wpa_supplicant and linux-firmware spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Patches for wpa_supplicant and linux-firmware spell
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:25:35 -0500

On 10/23/2012 04:36 PM, Mirko Wilhelmi wrote:
> Like BeepDog suggested I publish patches here for wpa_supplicant and
> linux-firmware spell.
>
> For linux-firmware I changed the source_url to download directly from
> kernel.org git repo, this was the easier part.
>
> wpa_supplicant was a bit more complicated, I wanted to change devel
> branch (which was pointing to the same as stable before) to use sources
> version 1.0, but this implied also some changes in ISNTALL, BUILD and
> PRE_BUILD because upstream modified there behaviour according to dbus
> service files.
>
> Changed INSTALL also so that shipped systemd units get installed. But
> there are some open points (todos) I'm not sure about yet:
>
> BUILD.patch:3:< make BINDIR="/usr/sbin" # TODO: is this the way to go??
>
> INSTALL.patch:3:< # TODO: check if systemd is really installed??

you can do `if spell_okay systemd` and it will return successful if
systemd is installed.

> INSTALL.patch:31:< # TODO: enable them by default ?? This really would
> require systemd
I wouldn't "systemctl enable" anything, we don't turn on init scripts
and such, that's the sysadmin's job. Just installing them will be good
enough.

> INSTALL.patch-32-< # installed and maybe also to be init process
> INSTALL.patch-33-< # systemctl enable ...
>
> INSTALL.patch:40:< # TODO: install the other service too, for what??
> INSTALL.patch:41:< #install -Tvm 644
> dbus/fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.service "$DBUS_FILE_TODO"
> INSTALL.patch:42:< # TODO: what is with this config file, needed??
> INSTALL.patch-43-< #dbus/dbus-wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> PRE_BUILD.patch:3:< # TODO: defining it here seems inho better
> than in BUILD, but
> PRE_BUILD.patch-4-< # would it work?
> PRE_BUILD.patch-5-< # export BINDIR=/usr/sbin

I'm not feeling so great at the moment, so I'll have to think more about
it later. Perhaps others will chime in and help you out as well :)

--
David (aka BeepDog)