sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 3.6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 3.6
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 03:23:36 +0400

> This is no small project for one person, so I ask for some patience - the
> trees alone are several hundred printed pages.
>
> Going back to "What I'm working on" threads. I feel we need this.

Good work and good suggestion, Tommy.

As of me, I'd be glad to share my plans for the next month or so.
There will be no big changes this time.

I plan to add several new spells I've been trying to start to work on
the last time:

polipo
mktorrent
validns
judy (libjudy)
haveged
wavegain
varnish
pymongo and several new python modules

As well as update of these, with fixing theirs new/deprecated
options and dependencies:

mpd 0.17.*
amsynth
cacti
collectd
memcached
libmemcached
drizzle
redis
nginx
ipset
ardour2
mongo
mongodb
transmission
conntrack-tools
httplib2

I also want to figure out and fix glib2 <-> gamin circullar dependency,
as well as slim's tricky dependency on GLUT.
And I hope there will be some time to continue my work on porting Xen
init scripts to fully support recovering from different machine states.

Full support of configuration for all possible Nginx options and modules
is also in my TODO, but I'm almost sure it will be delayed for later.

After that I'll get back to more serious things: will check as much
spells as possible for cups 1.6 compatibility, and cut 0.62 stable-rc
for testing along with preparation new chroot image based on 0.61
stable grimoire. This step will include merging glibc 2.16 branch and
aggressive testing of update process on 2 vms I have for both i686 and
x86_64. It will take around a week after that to roll out new stable-rc
chroot image with new glibc, I think.

That's all for now, and I'd like to make it happen. At least more than a
half of it :)

--
Dont wait to die to find paradise...