sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] mesalib

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] mesalib
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:53:09 -0400

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be> wrote:
> the mesalib spell is extremely complex, with 3 versions + scm
>
> There will be yet another version 8.1.x in the near future.
>
> I would like to split out the 8.x stuff to a separate spell, or even 8.0 and
> 8.1 spells. They would all provide OPENGL and conflict with each other.
> This would greatly simplify the available options and SUBDEPENDS processing.
>
> Any thoughts?

Is there a specific reason for creating a separate spell other than convince?

Why not just simplify the current spell?
I think having multiple versions of the same spell just unnecessarily
complicates the grimoire, unless there is a good reason for it.

>From what I can see, "Stable" and "Feature" were released as stable
versions by upstream, so maybe just have Stable, Development, and scm
(as Ladislav suggested).