sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Developer and Lead Developer Clean Up Time

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Developer and Lead Developer Clean Up Time
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 22:14:39 -0600

As per our Developer Organization policy listed here:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/SourceMage/Developer_Organization

The following two Lead Developers are removed and are now General
Developers for missing two consecutive votes:
* Arwed von Merkatz
* Elisamuel Resto

The above is not subject to a vote, it's an automatic demotion to
General Developer. I'm just informing the entire community.

Additionally, The following General Developers are each individually
nominated and seconded for a Removal Vote because they have had no
activity in a year.

* Bearcat M Sandor - Last grimoire activity October 2009
* Dave Josephsen - Last grimoire activity April 2010
* Finn Haedicke - Last Grimoire activity Sept 2010
* Juan Carlos Torres - I cannot find any grimoire history for Jucato
or any combination of his name...
* Juuso Alasuutari - last Grimoire Activity May 2009
* Karsten Behrmann - last Grimoire Activity August 2008
* Paul Beel - Another one I can find no history in the repos for
* Quentin Rameau - last noted grimoire activity March 2010
- cauldron 2012
* Terry Ross - last noted grimoire access (games grimoire) July 2004
* Vasil Yonkov - last noted grimoire access October 2010

I came up with this data doing a git log --all on a freshly pulled
repo for all grimoire repos, the sorcery repo, and the cauldron repo,
and looking for their email address, first name or last name.

I cannot pull logs on the wiki, well, not past 30 days.

I am letting you all know that this will happen unless a simple
majority of votes cast vote against the removal. It's on an individual
basis. If no votes are cast, in one week (Thursday, 9 February 2012)
they will no longer be General Developers on the Sourcemage GNU/Linux
project.

In this case, the automatic removal vote does not require any voting
to happen unless someone wishes to keep any or all of the developers
on this list active. I'd ask that you be specific in your voting and
specifically call out an individual that you wish to vote against
their automatic removal.

If someone does vote against an automatic removal, then voting will
proceed as normal, and a simple majority of votes cast can keep them
from being removed. I don't believe that this will work if votes are
sent to me privately, so I will request that you send your vote to the
mailing list.

See http://wiki.sourcemage.org/SourceMage/Voting_Policy for details,
and please don't hesitate to ask questions, as this is the first time
(that I can recall) that this has happened.

Your (mostly) friendly PL,
David Kowis