sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Unified Xen Spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Unified Xen Spell
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:32:29 -0600

So we've got a split up xen spell, in two different sections, and, to be
honest, I don't understand why, You can't really take advantage of the
xen hypervisor without the tools, and alone the tools do nothing useful.

Maybe there's an isolated use case where the tools could be installed to
remotely talk to a different xen system.

Basically, it's hard to maintain the two separate packages, and the
xen-tools spell doesn't even build right.

So I'm going to unify them under a xen spell, that will install the Xen
hypervisor and the tools.

David

  • [SM-Discuss] Unified Xen Spell, David Kowis, 01/29/2012