sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 01:41:16 -0400

Okay, I finally got everything working. I gave up trying to get
context to generate its formats during INSTALL, which is the main
reason why this took so long. It would work fine on the initial cast,
but when you recast it, it would use the wrong cache. I could get it
to work by patching some files, but that is the wrong way to do it
imo, especially since you can generate the formats fine after it is
cast. The combination of sorcery and the way the lua files are written
doesn't seem to work. I decided to give up on trying to get it to work
since it was driving me crazy and taking way too long. The user may
have to manually generate the context formats themselves with "context
--make", however in most cases context will generate what it needs by
itself.

Anyway, I decided to change TEXMFLOCAL to /usr/local/share/texmf since
that keeps everything cleaner imo, but if the general opinion is to
keep it in /usr/share/texmf-local, by all means change it. INSTALL
will copy everything from /usr/share/texmf-local to
/usr/local/share/texmf and generate the files for you, so it shouldn't
be too much of an issue.

Everything I tested worked fine, but given the size of texlive its
impossible to test everything. Hopefully everything works well.

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive, Sukneet Basuta, 10/31/2011