sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: Re: kde3 removal from grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: Re: kde3 removal from grimoire
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:42:42 +0900

Bor Kraljič (pyrobor AT ver.si) wrote [11.10.13 17:39]:
> Jeremy sent this only to me and not to SM-discuss. I think it contains
> ideas
> which could be beneficial to our debate.

Just as a note, current uim is 1.7.1, while our grimoire has an older
version, and I believe Jeremy is working with the newer version. I'm not
sure if the same applies to the older version or not, as I believe qt4
support didn't go in until 1.6.0 or so (our current grimoire has 1.5.7).
However, if that's the only spell for which this would become a real
issue then that single commit could be reverted or whatever, again *if*
it's an issue.

As regards zombie grimoires, I'd much rather develop the split grimoires
that were discussed than see a pile of zombie grimoires that no one does
anything with but take up space (and potentially, but unlikely,
bandwidth) on our servers, which are donated and paid for out of our own
devs' pockets, mostly Jeremy Blosser's - kudos to him for running them
so long, as I don't think he gets thanked often enough for this. Only
have one zombie a single time wouldn't be so bad, but this process
*will* happen again (GNOME 4, KDE 5, etc. etc.) and doing it once will
just pave the way to abuse it every time later, and for more chunks of
spells (X updates, gcc updates, etc.). Just my 2 cents.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage