sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Spell branches

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Spell branches
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:29:54 +0900

Bor Kraljič (pyrobor AT ver.si) wrote [11.09.12 23:41]:
> I have done something like that once for PREPARE for scm versions. However
> the
> first problem was that FUNCTIONS are not sourced in PREPARE and also that
> our
> goal is to move logic out of spells if possible. And there might be other
> reason too. Don't really know what the main reason was. But I have done it
> but never commit it.

To my knowledge, FUNCTIONS isn't sourced anywhere without an explicit
source line. It's typically sourced in CONFIGURE, since many of the
functions in FUNCTIONS are for dealing with different queries that
aren't in sorcery. Thus, if you want the function to be available in
PREPARE, just source FUNCTIONS in PREPARE. This doesn't cause any
additional logic to be placed in spells, as the logic is in FUNCTIONS
(which is a holdover until the functions go into sorcery proper).

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage