sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] X.Org 7.6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] X.Org 7.6
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:10:22 +0100

Hi,
X.Org 7.6 has been released [1].
Source tarballs are at [2].
I updated several spells at devel-xorg-mudular branch [3].

Seems xorg-server 1.9.3 and other spells works fine.
I have only problem with libpthread-stubs 0.3. This version (it is from
14-Oct-2009), doesn't install libs file for me.

0.2 version installs:
# gaze install libpthread-stubs | grep /usr/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libpthread-stubs.a
/usr/lib/libpthread-stubs.la
/usr/lib/libpthread-stubs.so
/usr/lib/libpthread-stubs.so.0
/usr/lib/libpthread-stubs.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/pthread-stubs.pc

0.3 version installs only:
# gaze install libpthread-stubs | grep /usr/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/pthread-stubs.pc

Without these libs some X spells are broken:

$ xauth
xauth: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread-stubs.so.0:

>From libpthread-stubs' README:

On platforms which already supply all the
necessary pthread stubs, this package ships only the pkg-config file
pthread-stubs.pc, to allow libraries to unconditionally express a dependency
on pthread-stubs and still obtain correct behavior.

So I have all the necessary pthread stubs and libpthread-stubs installs
only pkgconfig/pthread-stubs.pc file. Problem is that some *.la files in
/usr/lib contains:

dependency_libs=' ... /usr/lib/libpthread-stubs.la ...'

and re-cast of spell (for example xauth) doesn't help.
No idea, it is possible that I will have to re-cast all X spells again.

Of course "dispel -d libpthread-stubs 2" fixes this problem. :-)

Any suggestions?
Only my problem?

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/Other/Press/X11R76Released
[2] http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6/src/