sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Getting the Merged GCC spell done

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Getting the Merged GCC spell done
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 11:57:21 -0500

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Grimoire/MergingGCC

I don't know about ya'll but I'd like to have this in stable.

To ensure that we do this right, and break as little as possible, I've
built a wiki page to record the functionality that we need to have. That
way we *know* when we're done with it and when it's ready to go into
stable. (or at least into test, which can trickle into stable when it's due)

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Grimoire/MergingGCC

ruskie said that sandalle and sobukus had either been involved, or
mentioned being involved, or thought about being involved, so I solicit
your knowledge and ask that you put it on the wiki page. Update the
tasks to ensure that we've covered everything that needs to be done.
Even putting tasks that have already been done on there wouldn't be a
bad idea, it might give us ideas of more things that need to be covered
before this is complete.

Most importantly, and this applies to all people reading this email,
update the test cases. Code is not required. Just describe the process
and the desired end result. This way we don't catch these things after
it's already been deployed to everyone and we break a lot of boxes in a
bad way.

Thanks for your help,
David (BeepDog)