sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Duplicated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Duplicated spells
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:56:58 +0200

libnet-perl == perl-libnet ??

Shouldn't we have some kind of standard to avoid this?

Fixed, I just removed deprecated libnet-perl from test grimoire.
We should follow upstream, of course only lowercases.
Who pushes new spell into grimoire should check if "the same" spell with other name hasn't been already included.

Personally I am against renaming of all spells in perl-cpan only to add perl- prefix. Of course if upstream perl module developers use the same name as upstream use, we have to add perl- prefix.

We need to standard keywords.

Imho, we could create some SPELLALIAS= entry in DETAILS for names used by other distros and gaze search could use it.

--
Ladislav Hagara