sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PolicyKit

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PolicyKit
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:20:46 +0100

Am Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:34:54 -0500
schrieb Paul Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com>:

> Why they declare shadow as replacement of PAM engine and don't use it
> actually?

Because they don't care enough, I suppose. But I do care. About shadow usage,
not GNOME.
I yet see no point in forcing PAM on people for simple setups without
networked user databases an whatnot. Sure, you can hook login to some
encrypted key on USB storage... but not everyone needs that, eh?

Anyhow... if shadow support is there in theory but not in practice... bug 'em?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.