sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] conflicting providers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] conflicting providers
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:55:05 +0100

On Friday 30 of October 2009 18:39:04 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> is there a nice simple way for a spell with a PROVIDES to conflict with all
> other providers?
>
> something like
>
> conflict_other_providers $PROVIDE $SPELL
>
> which I could add to a CONFLICTS file and not worry about any new spells
> which may also provide the same thing.
CONFLICTS is a shell script like others, so you can simply do:
local conflict
for conflict in $(gaze provides $PROVIDE); do
if [[ $conflict != $SPELL ]]; then
conflicts $conflict
fi
done

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org