sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Parallel build for scons ... access to MAKE_NJOBS?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Parallel build for scons ... access to MAKE_NJOBS?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:20:03 +0200

Hi there...

During update of ardour2 spell I was wondering if the scons build
wouldn't be able to use more than one CPU... and it turns out that
scons can do that, even with the same parameter, -jNUMBER.
So... I could just parse /etc/sorcery/local/compile_config and use
MAKE_NJOBS (which is called EXTRA_JOBS in the sorcery menu)... but
would that be right?

What would be the proper way to add parallel builds for scons spells?
Or, for that matter, for any spell that does not use default_build?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.