sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [Fwd: Re: Zen kernel on Source Mage GNU/Linux]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [Fwd: Re: Zen kernel on Source Mage GNU/Linux]
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:15:02 +0200

------- Doorgestuurd bericht -------
> Van: Brandon Berhent <>
> Aan: Arjan Bouter <>
> Onderwerp: Re: Zen kernel on Source Mage GNU/Linux
> Datum: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:50:12 -0400
>
> Hey, that's good news. I added it to the site as i said :) (i have a
> thing for source distributions, considering i've used them for years
> and years)
>
> http://zen-sources.org/content/other-projects-related-toincorporating-zen
>
> If you're using the recent ones (git and further), you will get
> zen-sched which is the implementation of CFS and BFS cpu schedulers
> (bfs being Con Kolivas' new scheduler for desktops). The zen-sched is
> very immature now as all it does is let you pick which one at compile
> time, however we're working on/will start working on a plugsched for
> the two (which would mean that the cpu scheduler could be selected at
> boot time with a boot parameter) - very interesting stuff, some of the
> graphs on BFS are very impressive (although many still have bugs,
> since the only releases currently would be for testing) -
> ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs if you wanted to see the graphs.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

A thank you note from the Zen Lead after he learned about SMGL
supporting it (and a plug for their work on the scheduler).

If anyone feels like helping them test their work, I'm sure they'd
appericiate it :)

--
Arjan Bouter

+=======
GPG: 79D4B14E
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org
+===