sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] The Great E-mails: part 3 (DEPENDS)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] The Great E-mails: part 3 (DEPENDS)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 03:49:22 +0400

We have a lot of annoying things here.

First of all: spaces.

Things like:

--
optional_depends very-long-spell-name-or-not \
"--enable-foo" \
"--disable-foo" \
"for foo feature" &&
--

are damn useless, and it's hard to fix it every time, when some more
dependencies were added, or description of the dependency, and so on.

I'd offer to just remove (and don't add) unneeded spaces here:

-
optional_depends spell \
"--with-feature" \
"--without-feature" \
"for some kind of feature support" &&
--

Next, newlines.

--
depends xproto &&
depends fontconfig &&

is ok, but I think, depends block should be separated from optional_depends
block by new line, and all optional_depends blocks should be separated by new
line from each other.

Also:

--
optional_depends spell \
"--with-foo" \

is ok, like this:

--
optional_depends spell \
"--with-foo" "-without-foo" \

and like this:

--
optional_depends spell "" "" "some pythonic spell with no actual configure
flags"

Comments?

--
Dont wait to die to find paradise...