sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] SMEG Cancelled

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] SMEG Cancelled
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:25:19 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I have to inform you that SMEG will not be taking place this
year. Too many people who have cancelled due to the already pretty small
turnout. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to SMEG as were some
Stack members.

Apparently the economic situation vs personal priority list led many
people to say no to, or hold off on saying anything about, coming to
SMEG. Furthermore the lack of listed participants also seemed to be a
further deterrent for people to say yes. It's unfortunate that this
seems to be the case, hopefully next year will be different.

As to next year, I'm willing to give it another shot, but we'll have to
do it a bit differently. I'd like to set the dates as early as possible
and worry about where we'll be holding it later. But we really need to
have some more early confirmations, or we'll be seeing the same cycle of
getting no participants because there aren't enough participants yet.

Regards, Remko.