sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] svn support in kde4 spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] svn support in kde4 spells
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:25:31 +0200

On Saturday 01 of August 2009 11:44:00 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> I am considering dropping svn support in the kde4 spells for the following
> reasons:
>
> - the release tarballs no longer map directly to the svn layout, so some
> spells would have dummy svn support
> - kde will move to git in the autumn
> - there are regular unstable tarballs available
> - people could do a 'git clone' and do their own thing
You're doing an amazing job keeping everything updated and to me, adding fake
svn support or real git support (when it happens) sounds like a waste of
effort.

I think it was Juuso who added svn support, but back then the unstable
snapshots weren't so readily available and kde4 was still struggling, so
there was more motivation to be on the bleeding edge.

And anyone who still wants to use svn trunk could hold his spells or get them
from stable. They'd only have to deal with the layout changes.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org