sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] spell count stats for stable-rc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] spell count stats for stable-rc
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:25:16 -0700

Jaka,

Any chance of doing more of these? :)

-sandalle

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:06:19 +0100
Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:

I was curious how our spell count has been changing, so I made a short
script to count them for me and then manually added some data and a
plot. I looked only at the main grimoire's stable-rc branches (there
was no stable 0.5, but there was a stable-rc). The dates are from the
last commit made to that branch, so the plot is shifted a bit.
The total of the official grimoires has recently breached the 6000
mark. :)

Spells in stable-rc 0.4: 4284
Spells in stable-rc 0.5: 4261
Spells in stable-rc 0.6: 4533
Spells in stable-rc 0.7: 4652
Spells in stable-rc 0.8: 4655
Spells in stable-rc 0.9: 4732
Spells in stable-rc 0.10: 4785
Spells in stable-rc 0.11: 4860
Spells in stable-rc 0.12: 4907
Spells in stable-rc 0.13: 4939
Spells in stable-rc 0.14: 5018
Spells in stable-rc 0.15: 5074
Spells in stable-rc 0.16: 5103
Spells in stable-rc 0.17: 5154
Spells in test 0.18: 5191

Plotted data:
http://lynxlynx.info/smgl/spell.count.png

Almost 300 spells were added in between 0.5 and 0.6. Was that the extra
xfce4 bunch? Quite a jump, even though the interval is longer.

Also, there's ~1000 new spells since the last prometheus run. At least
these new ones should get some more testing (there's still 265 bugs
left from 2006 for the rest).
http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285