sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] kernel problem?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] kernel problem?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:07:23 +0200

recently I have had a problem on my system where I lost the network after the
system was up for a certain time (30-120 mins).

I was not sure if this was software or hardware related, so I added a
different
network card, rebooted the router, etc. Trying to restart the network card
failed. Other machines on the network are ok.

Eventually I have come to the conclusion that the problem is related to the
kernel. 2.6.29 fails, previous versions work.

I have reverted to linux-2.6.28.8 and everything seems ok at present.

I did not make any manual changes to the config when compiling the kernel.

Can anyone suggest any new kernel parameters which might explain my problem?

This happens using amd64 and x86-32 modes on the same hardware.

--
Regards, Treeve