sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] WTF? libxcb, xlib, and no more executables!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Kowis" <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] WTF? libxcb, xlib, and no more executables!
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 01:08:59 -0500

Something has happened. I've updated to the latest version of libxcb (1.2) and now something's missing:
libxcb-1.1:/usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.la

That file seems to be missing, I don't know wtf is going on, but we've got something broken in our upgrade path and it's removing files for us. I guess I'll be running a full cleanse --fix in the hopes that cleanse can find the missing things. However, I believe that we should've probably automatically handled these triggers or something.

And anything that I rebuild, or try to restart at this moment, goes away completely. A simple sorcery queue didn't being in enough stuff if I'm missing dependencies or something. Either way, something is really bad and it's resulting in me not being able to use my laptop.

Also, xf86-video-intel is having troubles building xvmc support, also related to libxcb. I don't have that error to paste at the moment, because the box is having troubles working :(

--
David Kowis
Source Mage Linux - www.sourcemage.org