sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Google summer of code 09: project ideas

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Google summer of code 09: project ideas
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:20:27 +0100

In the last project meeting we decided to be part of the Google summer of
code
program. The mentoring organisation application period has just started, so
it is time to start thinking about project ideas.

I wrote some proposals and infrastructural details in:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Summer_of_Code
The main site is: http://socghop.appspot.com/

Everyone is welcome to add new proposals (developers, users and students
alike), especially if you know a potential mentor for them. Further details
are on the wiki page.

Older proposals include ledger2 (user web statistics), init-metadata,
prometheus touchup and (unified) cron managment.

Three mentors are known so far: me, Justin Boffemmyer and Arved von Merkatz
(if he has time).

To all the students out there who want to work on Source Mage over the
summer:
the sooner you begin to contribute and communicate with the project the
better, as applicants with prior experience will have a better chance of
being selected.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org