sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Reorganization in the Cauldron repository

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Reorganization in the Cauldron repository
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:13:47 -0500

I doubt that this will actually affect anyone outside of cauldron
developers (who should already be aware of this and probably won't
affect most of them anyway), but I will be pushing some branch changes
to the cauldron repo shortly.

In order to have a more organized and workable stable branch, I will be
deleting the current stable branch (the commits will still be reachable
via tags if anyone is still interested in working with the old stable
material) will be deleted and then rebranched off of the test branch.
This is actually the direction the flow is supposed to go in for
development, but the older history was somehow a bit mismanaged
(something may have gone wrong with the perforce->git move, Karsten and
I don't actually know the cause). The new branching will make
transitions from devel->test->stable much nicer, but it will mean that
if you have a local checkout of the stable branch that you may need to
rebranch locally yourself or something similar.

Again, I really don't think this will actually hit anyone anyway aside
from myself and possibly Karsten (the current stable branch was for the
0.9.6 series, and only included code up to 0.9.6, not even beyond that
for .1 through .3). However, I wanted to warn everyone in case someone
was actually messing about with that branch of the repository.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage

  • [SM-Discuss] Reorganization in the Cauldron repository, flux, 03/01/2009