sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] neon, subversion & the stable grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ethan Grammatikidis" <eekee57 AT fastmail.fm>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] neon, subversion & the stable grimoire
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:01:33 +0100

Neon is required for Subversion to support http checkouts, but
subversion is picky about neon version. Stable 0.25-0 has neon 0.28.3
and subversion 1.5.1 which are not compatible. Compatibility will
eventually be needed for support of svn_http urls in sorcery, so really
there should be some testing with subversion to help determine which
version of neon goes into stable. This is not helped by the fact that
subversion will fail to report an error if neon is requested but the
version is not suitable. It will silently build without it.

I would like to place a permanent warning in the neon spell to test that
subversion definitely builds with neon in stable-rc before allowing
inclusion into stable, or some words to that effect. I was thinking of
placing the text as comments in DETAILS. Does this seem like a good idea
to everyone? Does anyone have a better idea? Should a similar warning be
placed in the subversion spell?
--
This post brought to you by:
Ethan Grammatikidis,