sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Patch available for the test3 iso to transform it into an automated installer iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bertrand Juglas" <b AT juglas.name>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Patch available for the test3 iso to transform it into an automated installer iso
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:48:38 +0200

Hello,
by using the xdelta software available as a cast and my patch
available at http://bertux.googlecode.com/files/smgl-0.10.0-auto1.xdelta
you can transform the test3 iso into my auto1 iso whichs automates all
the install by using only the /bin/auto-setup.sh shell script which is
run by the /etc/profile.d/smgl-install.sh startup script.
The sources of the shell scripts are available at the same place on
http://bertux.googlecode.com/
I've added a big WARNING on the installer boot screen that precise all
the first ide device (/dev/hda) will be cleared so please test it on
dedicated virtual machines like i've done before trying on physical
machines not dedicated to tests.
If you want to modify the auto-setup.sh shell script you can use my
shell scripts to import and export ISO which are also available at
http://bertux.googlecode.com/ you just have to run them without
arguments to have them printing their usage syntax.
I wish you good tests and good hacking.
Bye

  • [SM-Discuss] Patch available for the test3 iso to transform it into an automated installer iso, Bertrand Juglas, 08/28/2008