sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Another weird issue with fonts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Another weird issue with fonts
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:47:46 -0700

Quoting "Ivan Lezhnjov Jr." <ivan.lezhnjov.jr AT gmail.com>:

Again, a single look at screenshot will say it all:

http://217.117.75.2:8001/screenshots/openoffice-writer.png

See Greek letters representing English words.

This isn't limited to OpenOffice set of programs. Occasionally and for no
obvious reason such programs as winecfg and kontact or sometimes even
KDE "Run Command" window will have Greek letters saying English words.

Which I find totally weird.

And again I ask you to help me on this one. I have no idea what causes this
total weirdness so if you have any share them with me, please.

I have never had that issue, but you may want to check your language settings in the following areas:
1. /etc/sysconfig/locale
2. Your WM's config (e.g. KDE's Language settings)
3. Your app language settings

My guess is it's #1 or #2, since it's affecting multiple applications.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285