sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO installation presentation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO installation presentation
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:00:45 -0400

Mathieu L. (lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net) wrote [08.08.12 05:25]:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree with the previous points so I'm in favor of no-clear by default.
> A suggestion however: an option that controls this behaviour (whether or
> not to automatically clear screen after each command), that can be set
> to "on" or "off" and which is set to "off" by default?
>
> Cheers,
> Mathieu.

That's an idea, but I have just one question: where does the option get
set? Boot time option? In a menu system setting options of this nature
make sense, but there won't be the issue of clearing the screen in a
menu. I'm not sure if there's a sensible way of setting options in a
guided shell prompt. Of course, we can provide command-line switches
(like -c for --clear-screen or similar), but that's not quite the same
thing.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage