sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Announcing stable grimoire 0.23 release

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT stack.nl>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Announcing stable grimoire 0.23 release
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:24:14 +0200

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 03:27:22PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Stable grimoire version 0.23[0] has been released!

I think stable tarballs released from now on should include the
version.index file as the test tarball does. Otherwise users of devel
sorcery will each time they run sorcery queue, have up-to-date spells
queued because test has a newer version than stable, even though stable
is higher in the grimoire order.

Though I also feel that sorcery should handle this better, it can trip
people up who have a custom grimoire with some scribbled spells, but
lacking a version.index file. But in any case test is shipped with a
version.index and stable without, that needs to be straightened out.

Remko van der Vossen.