sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Can't see my own messages. How about you?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ivan Lezhnjov Jr." <ivan.lezhnjov.jr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Can't see my own messages. How about you?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:47:40 +0300

For those of you using GMail accounts I have a question.

Do you receive your own messages as incoming mail once sent out to a maillist?

The deal is that I don't and there was a time when I did (a couple of years
ago when GMail was in early development stage and accounts were given out
as "invite only").

The GMail help system seems to be suggesting that this is the way things are
meant to be. They say if you need to view a sent message go and open Sent
Items folder in a web-browser. That simple.

It kinda bothers me to see someone replied to my message which isn't actually
a part of the thread in KMail list of messages since it cannot be retrieved.

This issue is not mail agent specific (I use KMail but I tried Sylpheed too
only to achieve exactly the same result) it seems to me like this is the way
GMail folks do it :\

So, my question is do you guys receive your own sent to a maillist e-mail as
incoming one? If you do what's the trick?

--

Ivan Lezhnjov Jr.

Europe, Ukraine, Simferopol

Running
Source Mage GNU/Linux, kernel version 2.6.24 build #5

Key ID 0x5811D90C
Key Fingerprint 2A52 5C8C 38BE C04F D8DE A169 19E2 E49A 5811 D90C
Use GPG Exercise Your Right To Privacy