sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for cauldron team lead as per voting policy

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for cauldron team lead as per voting policy
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:27:27 +0200

On Wed, 28 May 2008 22:03:26 -0400, Elisamuel Resto wrote:
> Eric Sandall wrote:
>> On Wednesday 21 May 2008 14:44:48 Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
>>> Gah gpg fail...
>>>
>>> Hear ye, hear ye,
>>>
>>> in ye olde month of May a vote for ye cauldron leader is to be had.
>>>
>>> As was appointed by ye lord David Kowis and in the absence of our
>>> glorious leader I shall be holding ye nominations.
>>>

>> I would like to nominate Justin Boffemmyer (flux_control) and Karsten
>> Behrmann
>> (BearPerson), as I believe both have, and will continue to, contribute
>> well
>> to our Cauldron process. :)
>>
>> -sandalle
>
> I second the nomination for Karsten Behrmann (BearPerson).

Umm, right, nominations and stuff.

*paper rustle*
*ahem*

With the appropriate amount of formality, no more, no less, and a
sufficient amount of magical references, I hereby accept this nomination

<whisper from campaign advisor>

Ahum, right. Speech.
I promise to bring great wealth and prosperity to all inhabitants
of this great valley, gun-nuts and gun-haters, pink or purple, and
will guard the tomes of wisdom on Everything Cauldrony, so that
the mages and apprentice cooks of today and tomorrow will be kept from
repeating the mistakes of the past

<insistent whispers from campaign advisor>

This speech is getting silly. I will not permit this speech to get silly
again. My voters want facts, not flowery words.

As you may have noted, I have not exactly been a great direct source of
activity in cauldron lately. Unfortunately, it appears my time has
somewhat shrunk lately, with university studies and work taking up chunks
of what used to be Good Hacking Time.
On the upside, I'm currently starting on a new job (yay for even less time)
that will hopefully be Really Fun and provide for motivation to work on
stuff more often.
Also, my insane over-grabbing of lectures may mean that I'll suddenly have
this big hole of time once this semester is over.

In short, while I may not currently be the most active member of the
cauldron team, I believe I can keep up with my duties as such, and explain
whenever needed how to do something, or why something was done a particular
way, or why a different way may be a bad idea. Also, I can take care of all
the organization and infra stuff so that the active team members can spend
all their copious time on actually doing cauldron stuff.

To summarize the summary, I'm an old, bearded, wise mage who is currently
better off polishing his buttocks on the elder's council and telling
stories to the young ones ;-)

This speech has gotten silly again! I've warned this speech not to get
silly. That's it. I'm ending this speech here and now!

So Far,
Karsten "BearPerson" Behrmann

p.s.:
The campaign advisor apologizes for the poor style of the speech, but it
had to be completed on short notice before the end of the nomination
period

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for cauldron team lead as per voting policy, Karsten Behrmann, 06/02/2008