sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Updating KDE 4 alpha

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Updating KDE 4 alpha
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 13:22:08 +0300

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
On Thursday 01 May 2008 03:44:09 Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
Hi,

Just wanted to let you all (and especially Treeve) to know that I've
updated all KDE 4 spells' devel versions locally. I'm starting a test
build now and going to sleep, so I'll be pushing the updates to test in
~12 hours.

I also have an updated set !

Did you notice my email only after updating? It seems I wasted two midnight hours for nothing... :/

Everything seems OK except for kdepimlibs4 and kdepim4.
The problem arises because akonadi, which was previous part of kdepimlibs4, has been split of to kdesupport, which is a miscellaneous collection of non-
gui stuff needed by kde and other products.

Unfortunately there is not a tarball available for akonadi, and I am having problems with the CMake script in svn.

There is a tarball, it's just tucked away in an obscure location:
ftp://ftp.se.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/4.0.71/support/akonadi-0.80.0.tar.bz2

I am currently running my system with this version of kde and have pushed the changes for everything else.

I ran a script comparing the old and new packages' CMakeLists.txt files for any changes. Kdewebdev would now seem to require boost, but I didn't notice anything else being out of place (except for the whole Akonadi thing, of course).

Juuso