sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Do you download our products fast enough?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Do you download our products fast enough?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:09:10 -0700

Hey all,

In the past we have turned down extra hosting for mirrors (not just fallback
mirrors, but full mirrors such as dbg and ibiblio) as our current mirrors are
more than sufficient.

Is anyone finding themselves not receiving fast[0] downloads from our mirrors
in their locality? Should we look to finding mirrors placed in various
locations around the world? The U.S., currently, seems well taken care of,
but
what about the rest of the world?

Is this even a concern or problem for anyone? I haven't been hearing any
complaints, but I don't want to exclude people from getting SMGL as fast as
they can. ;)

-sandalle

[0] Obviously you won't be getting 10Mbps if *your* ISP only allows 1Mbps. ;)

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285