sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular, mesalib and /usr/lib/modules/dri

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Dale E. Edmons" <demaillists AT comcast.net>
  • To: Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular, mesalib and /usr/lib/modules/dri
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:46:32 -0800

Javier,

Hi. I've had this problem and did the same thing, but I'm not
saying it's correct. The install and program *should* agree
on the location. We might want to write a bug against this,
but I'm not sure what causes the discrepancy.

Dale
linuxfan AT sourcemage.org

Javier Vasquez wrote:
Hi,

I just installed xorg-server, mesalib and others, using the test and
xorg-modular grimoires, and I found that after compiling mesalib the
path for the DRI different drivers libraries is:

/usr/lib/modules/dri

However Xorg is expecting to find those shared libraries under:

/usr/lib/dri

See, if I just run plain X (activating glx) I get the error:

(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

So to work this around, I just created a link as follows:

cd /usr/lib
ln -s modules/dri dri

Then things seem to work, since glx doesn't get discarded, but I guess
some errors that don't seem to break glx:

DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGetVertexAttribPointerv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4iv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4bv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4ubv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4usv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGetVertexAttribPointerv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4uiv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGetVertexAttribPointerv!

Are these last errors OK?

Moreover, is the work around OK? Is this known? I don't like the
tweak I performed if it's not the right way to do things (maybe Xorg
is expecting the wrong path, or maybe libmesa is installing the
libraries in the wrong path), so maybe there's already a smgl
fix/approach, and if so I'd like to know how to implement it. Please
notice I've installed xorg-server (from xorg-modular) + mesalib under
test before, and i didn't have this problem before.

Thanks,