sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] mac80211 compile error

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: <grail69 AT amnet.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] mac80211 compile error
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:26:50 +0900

Hi Eric

Thanks for the feedback, but had already tried this option and then iwlwifi compiles with errors.
I did however assume that the problem with that was due to mac80211 spell not being installed.

I have attached both my kernel config and the compile log for iwlwifi.

I would appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction

Craig

On Thu Feb 21 4:51 , Eric Sandall sent:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Craig Dyke wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have been working to get my wireless connection working on my laptop.
>
> After some searching, both on our site and Google, I have found that the
> iwlwifi spell is the
> way I should proceed to support my ipw3945 card.
>
> My issue is with the dependance on the mac80211 spell asthis will not compile
> for me.
>
> My problem seems to come in after the patches have been applied to the kernel
> files,
> specifically (at this point as it is as far as i have gotten) the ieee80211.c
> file which is patched by
> this spell.
>
> Just wanted to know if anyone else has come across this issue as searching on
> Google yielded
> no results.

This card is working fine on my box. I assume you are using the
2.6.24+ kernels. If so, the iwlwifi driver is built in to the kernel
and you should use that (plus the built-in mac80211) instead of the
external drivers.

mac80211 and iwlwifi are only needed for older than 2.6.24 kernels.
Note that you will still need the iwlwifi-*-ucode package for your
card.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | Build/Release Engineer @ Cisco/WebEx
http://counter.li.org/ #196285 | http://www.webex.com/