sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New ISO torrent!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New ISO torrent!
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:44:36 -0800

Quoting flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>:

If you haven't already gotten a hold of the new devel ISO, please go get
it now!

We have a shiny, sexy, new torrent waiting to get ripped into!
http://new.linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=3d6fb8da8dc25693ef90211550502ff79d20a9dd

Go, go, gadget ISO torrent!

* For `branch grub`:
"cp /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc /boot/grub" has two issues:
1. i386-pc is a directory, so we need `cp -r ...`
2. /boot/grub already exists, so we now have /boot/grub/i386-pc

* Setting up GRUB:
"/boot/grub/menu.lst"... succeeded:
Yet there is no /boot/grub/menu.lst copied over. When I reboot, I just get the grub > prompt.

Running:
grub > kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22 root=/dev/hda1 ro
grub > boot

Worked.

* fsck.xfs missing
fsck: fsck.xfs: not found
/sbin/fsck: Error 2 while executing fsck.xfs for /dev/hda1

I only see the following fsck's:
fsck
fsck.cramfs
fsck.ext2
fsck.ext3
fsck.minix

The installer reported jfs, reiserfs, and xfs as supported filesystems.

* Kernel tree 2.6.22 does not exist
The kernel tree for the currently built kernel is not under /usr/src (which is empty). There is the source for the kernel (and a patch) in /var/spool/sorcery, but the tree used to build the existing kernel should (IMO) exist.

Otherwise, this install went very well, thanks! :)

-sandalle

/me hoping for the "GUI" coming back, some day

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285