sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Paul Beel Lead Developer Vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Paul Beel Lead Developer Vote
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:32:10 +0100

On Thursday 03 of January 2008 18:01:34 Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > A sad result. More harrasment will be needed next time (shows emrys was
> > busy).
>
> Well, I will gladly accept responsibilty for the balls I did drop (like
> scheduling it in the first place or announcing results), but I've never
> seen prodding people to vote as something that should really rest with the
> PL (or anyone but the individual voter). Our leads are responsible for at
> least keeping up with the list enough to know when votes occur, in my
> opinion.
I fully agree on that. We didn't invent our Developer policy just for
entertainment. It also defines some "harrasment" for repeated non-voters.

I mentioned the prodding since I remember you bugging people on irc to vote,
but that has nothing to do with you as a project lead, but as the vote
holder. Andraž did the same courteous thing when he was holding a vote iirc.
The list is low traffic enough that this shouldn't be needed though.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org