sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc question also....

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Robin Cook" <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc question also....
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:35:14 -0700

After a little bit of looking its a problem with the headers, probably
will post this to LKML and see what the headers should be using.

INT_MAX is defined inside a #ifdef __KERNEL__ in
include/linux/kernel.h since that define is inside the __KERNEL__
define its ripped out by the unifdef program used by the kernel to
generate the user space headers.

You could make a patch to define INT_MAX in growisofs.c like this

#include <linux/cdrom.h>
#define INT_MAX ((int)(~0U>>1))

Everywhere it includes cdrom.h from the kernel, otherwise I'll take it
up with lkml to see what cdrom.h should be using for INT_MAX

- David Brown