sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Merge of xorg-modular repo into devel-xorg-modular branch

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Merge of xorg-modular repo into devel-xorg-modular branch
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:58:42 +0200

On 12:29:34 2007-10-22 "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
wrote:
> I have just successfully merged the xorg-modular repo into a separate
> branch in our grimoire tree. I will push this to the server ASAP and
> thus deprecate the separate xorg-modular repository for any active use.
> This is to comply with the schedule that was recently discussed on the
> -grimoire channel that we get -modular into test by end of the year.
> Sandalle has been working towards this end by making relevant changes
> to the monolithic spells to deprecate into -modular ones.
>
> All further development on xorg-modular is to happen in the devel
> branch. I'd ask that also any further updates are to it are first made
> in the devel branch and only after some runtime tests to be put into
> the main grimoire. Reason being that the xorg devs have a rather bad
> track record of breaking backwards compatibility since -modular exists.
> Hence why I would ask for any critical updates(libs, server, devel
> drivers(noted by odd version numbers(usually 1xx or similar)) be not
> put into test unless they are well tested beyond the "does it cast"
> requirement we have..

Ok this has now been merged and pushed... xorg-modular grimoire is now
officialy closed... All work pertaining to -modular should now be don in the
devel-xorg-modular grimoire or in case of testing releasese in the
major-minor version branches of said devel branch...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C