sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] History Entry Formating

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: SMGL - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] History Entry Formating
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:32:17 -0500

Ladislav Hagara wrote:
Not exactly this subject but it is also related to HISTORY file.
I really don't like local git time in HISTORY.
We can sometimes see commits to master grimoire with HISTORY dates
shifted several days/moths back.
Someone has maintained local spell for several moths and once he submit
this spell to master grimoire with several moths long HISTORY.
IMHO spell starts to live when it is committed to git server, not local.

Perhaps the spell starts to live then, but the changes were done at that time. That's what we're doing there anyway, not when the spell becomes live. That time is relative to the eyes of the beholder. When the changes were committed is hard, solid and not disputable.

David