sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal (and other) install setup

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal (and other) install setup
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:09:34 -0500

David Kowis wrote:

Technically it is the admin's responsibility to ensure that the upgrade=20
they're about to perform isn't going to break it. If it's absolutely=20
necessary that both versions exist at the same time to do the upgrade,=20
then we have a problem. If the problem is just that an unattended=20
upgrade will break things, it's not a problem at all. It is not our=20
responsibility to make upgrades happen when they involve changing=20
application specific stuff (database tables, configuration files,=20
application data files). We've never done that.

Wtf did all that =20 crap come from?