sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] History Entry Formating

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Jaka Kranjc" <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] History Entry Formating
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:24:16 -0700

On 5/31/07, Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
I simply think this is an unneeded complication. I favour simplicity over
accuracy here.

Would it be really advantageous for integrations if the new items were under a
new title like here instead under the first? I think you'd get a conflict any
way (for sure with the second). Adding more numbers to the title wouldn't
help much here.

Yeah you'd get a conflict no matter what but the integrations would go
smoother I've had this happen to me in the past with the linux spell
git seems to do okay if the history entries are done appropriately but
if the commit looks like the one I've posted it barfs really hard.
Also with the extra work it takes to integrate to stable/stable-rc now
it would be nicer to make merging easier.

- David Brown